Sunday, October 10, 2010

New to Couponing...Where do I get started!!

If your new to couponing let me help you out a little bit. You probably have a ton of questions like How do I find coupons? How do you get those great deals with a $.40 cent off coupon?

Honestly couponing is a science. Once you get the basics you will save hundreds of dollars every month. Before couponing I would spend $150 - $200 a week on food alone. When I started my couponing I still wasn't sure what I was doing but I was saving $50 or so on food and household necessities.  Now I budget $100 a week on food and household necessities. ( Yes and I have a family of 5 plus my dog and no I do not eat ramen noodles the whole day..lol)

1.How do you find coupons?

You can start by getting the Sunday's newspaper. You will find the SS (Smart Source), RP (red Plum) and P&G (Procter & Gamble) inserts. You will have all the fliers to all the dept stores, supermarkets etc in your area. I get 4 newspapers every Sunday because I like to stockpile. So I won't run out and have to pay full price.

Another good place to find coupons is on the Internet.  They are called printable coupons. You can checkout your favorite stores on Facebook.  They sometimes have some good deals and coupons.  You may even get FREE stuff from them. So go and check out your favorite sites.

If you are a loyal brand customer ( like I am with Heinz...shh don't say anything lol) You can send them an e-mail or give them a call ( just check the label on the product for the customer service number) and see if they can send you some coupons.  I do not find much Heinz Ketchup coupons so when I call they send me a bunch and sometimes ask if I would like to try other items they have.  They will usually send you high value coupons in the mail.

Here are some links for internet coupons:

Coupons.com
Smart Source
Red Plum
Cool Savings

2. How do you get great deals with a $.40 cent off coupon? 

The trick to couponing is purchasing items that are on sale then add your coupons on top of the sale. If something is BOGO ( Buy 1 Get 1 free) you are purchasing 2 items so you can use 2 coupons even though one of the items are free.  PLEASE UNDERSTAND YOU ARE NOT CHEATING YOUR STORE OR STEALING FROM THEM.  When you use a coupon the store gets a check from the manufacturer. They are still getting paid for that item just not by you :0)

Also check with all the stores you will be shopping at and ask them what their coupon policy is.  You can check their website and print out their coupon policy and bring it with you every time you go shopping just in case. It's nice to whip it out and show the cashier you were right and she was wrong :-)

Some stores have their own coupons. You can stack their coupon with a manufacture coupon for some really sweet deals.

Remember:
Sales + Store Coupons + Manufacture Coupon = LOW TO FREE DEALS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment